Der RES Virtual Desktop Extender 2016 ist nun verfügbar mit den folgenden Funktionen:
- Reverse Seamless Apps: Apps that are difficult or impossible to execute on a virtual or central desktop can now be launched and used from within a user’s remote desktop session.
- File Type Redirection: Ensure a local client app is launched when a specific file is opened from the central desktop session. For example, if a user clicks on a .DXF file the locally installed AutoCAD app will automatically open.
- Invoke Local Screensaver: Avoid unnecessary resource use in central desktop environments by launching the local client screen saver.
- Extensive Protocol Support: Extend the central desktop environment through remote session protocol virtual channels. RES VDX supports seamless integration with Citrix XenApp, Citrix XenDesktop (ICA and HDX), Microsoft Remote Desktop Services (RDP and RemoteFX) and VMWare Horizon View (PCoIP).
- Access to Local Start Menu and Desktop: Users can access the local client start menu, including the local desktop and notification area, with a single click.
- Extend VDX with Context-aware Workspace Management: RES VDX integrates with RES One Workspace to add capabilities such as context awareness, granular VDX behavior control and improved personalization for a better user experience.
Nähere Infos gibt es hier.